ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL AND GOVERNANCE POLICY
- Relevant Policies
- SHE policy statement
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Diversity & Equal Opportunities Policy
- Modern Slavery Statement
- Review of product suppliers for commitments/plans towards sustainability via our Supplier Sustainability Charter.
- Developing/sourcing more sustainable products.
- Evolving fleet to be more fuel efficient to reduce waste and emissions.
- Improving efficiencies in the supply chain to reduce waste and emissions.
- Development of EV charging infrastructure
- Setup/development of recycling schemes with suppliers.
- Embed recycling schemes in operations.
- Managing ‘end of life’ disposal by implementing closed-loop solutions where possible.
- Investigate and promote colleague electric car and cycle to work schemes.
- Identify and provide appropriate training, advice and information for colleagues.
- Improve/ensure participation in recycling schemes.
- Plan and implement the transition to paperless operations.
- Manage communications with colleagues around sustainability.
- Promoting and communicating sustainable products.
- Promoting returnable product waste schemes.
- Manage communications to customers around sustainability.
- Promoting best practice processes that will meet and exceed our customer needs and requirements.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Focus on creating a fully engaged and supportive environment where our people thrive.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected, and where opportunities for professional growth and development are available to all.
- Ensure fair work practices throughout our operations and supply chain, including safe working conditions, fair compensation, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Protect human rights throughout our operations and supply chain, and take steps to prevent and address any instances of forced work under the modern slavery act, child labour, or other human rights abuses.
- Support the communities in which we operate by contributing to local economic development, championing and suggesting volunteering time and resources to local organisations, and engaging in philanthropic activities that align with our values.
- Partner with our charity provider to support external communities outside of Nestware Group. Support and advocate for our people who engage with other charitable or community-based activities.
- Target a culture of holistic well-being and health and safety amongst our colleagues. Regularly sharing information, training, and relevant support for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Maintain strong oversight and management of risk, including environmental, social, and governance risks, through regular assessments and reporting.
- Ensure transparency and accountability through clear communication with stakeholders, including regular reporting on our ESG performance.
- Promote ethical behaviour and prevent corruption by adhering to our Code of Conduct, implementing anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies and procedures, and conducting regular training and awareness programs for colleagues.
- This ESG policy is an essential part of our commitment to operating in a responsible and sustainable manner. We will regularly review and update this policy to ensure that it remains relevant and effective in guiding our business practices.
This list is not exhaustive but is meant as a summary of the key topics and activities. A full list of our action around ESG is reviewed on a monthly basis and circulated to all pertinent stakeholders, this is governed by the TradeChoice Sustainability steering group who are responsible for different components of the plan. This group includes:
- Managing Director
- Operations Director
- IT Director
- Category and Marketing Director
- National Operations Risk Manager
- Head of HR